Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Seminary Smiles


I think two things prompt men to pursue the pulpit more than anything else: a passion for God's Word and a passion for God's people. Thus, the absolute height of ecstasy for those called by God to the pulpit is found in the intersection of the passions: preaching. In preaching, God superimposes His messenger and effectively conquers hearts with His Word. Often, He uses the most wretched types for this office, that His glory might receive greater praise.


All this to say that I have finally gotten a consistent opportunity to exercise this most exciting of tasks on a consistent basis. At a meeting with leaders at New Life Korean Presbyterian Church this past Sunday, I was offered the part-time post of preacher and teacher for the remainder of my seminary tenure. Even with all of the added responsibilities, I could not turn down this wonderful offer. Upon my return from Christmas Break, I will have the opportunity to bring God's Word to bear upon His people week after week. May He equip me for the task!


1 comment:

Ryan said...

Stephen, that's awesome!!!